(09-29-2010 12:11 AM)teacher Wrote: : http://forum.freeeducation365.info/Thread-how-to-use-canon-ip-pixma-printer-without-colour-cartridge?pid=149#pid149hi. I have a canon IP Pixma 1980 printer and now there is a error message appear and saying that "The following ink Cartridge Cannot be Recognized. Color". Can some one tell me how to use this Printer without Colour Cartridge or how to Recover this error message. Thanks in advance
No u can't use IP pixma Canon Printers without Colour Cartridge. Try this below method which I found from web site to recover your cartridge. This is for Resetter canon iP 1700 and iP1300. May be work for your printer model too. If this not work you have to replace your Color Cartridge. sorry.
1. Turn off Canon Pixma iP1700, iP1300 Printers
2. Hold down Resume button and press Power button.
3. Keep holding down Power button and let Resume button go.
4. Press Resume button 2 times then let BOTH buttons go.
5. Green lights will flash and then stop blinking.
6. When green lights are solid, press the Resume button 4 times.
7. Press the Power button and the Canon Pixma iP1700, iP1300 Printers should turn off, if not, press the Power button once more.
8. Your Canon Pixma iP1700, iP1300 Printers should respond as normal
Is this Work with canon IP PIXMA 1980 Printers? I removed Colour cartridge because its gave me a Message "Colour Cartridges cannot be recognized" Everyone said that this error cannot remove. So I had to buy new cartridge.